Dear Ping.fm users,
As you might have heard, we are about to close Ping.fm. We’ve built its successor, Seesmic Ping, which is more reliable, stable and robust, providing more features and focusing on the most popular services. Here’s what’s currently featured in Seesmic Ping:
- Post from iPhone, iPad and Android
- Post via email
- Post and schedule to multiple Twitter, Facebook (Pages & Profiles) and LinkedIn accounts (we’ve just added Tumblr)
- Quickly and easily schedule posts to be sent at a future date and time
- Create groups to send a combination of services.
- Share multiple kinds of content: share links as attachments for Facebook, Linkedin and Tumblr; share photos or images (post pictures on Facebook and Twitter as if you were posting them “natively”)
- View thumbnails of your images to ensure you know exactly what you are sharing
- Preview and select thumbnails for attached links
- View the history of your recent posts
- View, edit or delete your scheduled posts
- Bookmarklet for easy posting
And here are some features that you will be able to use on your Windows desktop:
- Click and drag images onto the composer (you can also do a right click on the image file and “Share with Seesmic Ping”)
- Click and drag links onto the composer
- Spell check support
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Bookmarklet: automatically attach links with a single button
- Minimize to System Tray: closing the app will minimize to the System Tray for easy access. Ctrl + Shift + P activates and brings the app to the front
New features coming:
- Post via RSS
- Customize group targets for email posting and RSS
- And more…
When will Ping.fm no longer be supported?
We will close down Ping.fm by mid-June. We’ve been working hard to get Seesmic Ping on par with the Ping.fm service you are used to. So from the get-go you should enjoy a great experience when switching to Seesmic Ping, and it will only get better from there. So right now, we encourage you to get your Seesmic Profile and try Seesmic Ping through our mobile, desktop or web applications. If you want to do it directly from your Ping.fm account, just log in: we’ve just put in place a special Ping.fm wizard that will smoothly take you through the process.
There will be three plans for Seesmic Ping: a free plan, so that everyone gets a chance to enjoy it, a $4.99/month plan for the ones who want to get more, and a $49.99 for the ones who just want it all. We will start charging for the service after the beta period, and more details will be provided by the time we officially launch in June.
As part of our service, we have a Seesmic Ping API available in private beta. If you want to learn more about it, please contact SeesmicPingAPI@seesmic.com. We will provide more details on our plans (features, pricing, etc.) for the Seesmic Ping API soon.
We hope that we’ll make the Ping.fm community happy with the new service we’ve been working on. If you have any question or comment, feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy Seesmic Ping.
All the best,
The Seesmic Team