We've recently released some key improvements for Seesmic for iPhone which you'll find extremely useful in this 1.2 version.
With Seesmic for iPhone 1.2, you have the ability to:
- See and load the gap in a timeline if a lot of tweets have been missed
- Preview images with a message in your timeline and in detailed view of tweets
- View all the Replies to a user from his profile and the correct display of users that Retweeted a tweet
- Post to the Facebook Pages you're admin of. Simply select a page on the Composer account selector and send a post
- View the app in 5 more languages: Japanese, Spanish, German, French and Korean
- Access your Settings from within the application, on the Spaces screen
- Change the text size of the timeline from the Settings and view a tutorial at launch of the app to help you discover the main features of the app.
Managing Gaps in Your Timeline
When managing your stream on Twitter or Facebook, you're likely to miss some of your friends' updates. In order to make your navigation easier, the timeline will load faster into a gap section. If you are interested to see what you have missed, tap on the gap and the feeds will load in your timeline.
Inline Image Preview, Retweets and Replies from Profile
Seesmic for iPhone now includes the inline picture view from your timeline and the tweet itself. You can also see the list of users that retweeted a tweet.
Update your Facebook Pages
You're now able to post updates to Facebook pages that you're an admin of. Simply choose the accounts and pages within the settings of the composer.
Settings Within the Application, Tutorial and Available in More Languages
We made some improvements to navigate through your settings, which are now inside the application itself. Go to the Seesmic for iPhone spaces dashboard and press on the gear wheel to take you to the app's settings. For new users, once you start the app you will be welcomed by a helpful and interactive tutorial.
Seesmic now adds language support for Japanese, Spanish, German, French and Korean. A sincere thank you and appreciation to all the translation team! As always, our team has done an outstanding job and we're very grateful for their help and support!
Improved Placement for Ads in Timeline
After receiving feedback with our experiment with ads, we learned a few things and the importance of providing users with a clear timeline. As a solution, we provided a space for ads that are less intrusive, and you can pay to remove them completely from the app from the Settings.
With all the updates noted above, we still have more. Other improvements include:
- Provide the ability to access the saved searches of your Twitter account from the top of the timeline or when adding a search as a Space
- TweetPhoto is now Plixi
- Provide a landscape mode when viewing a link from the application
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Posts to a friend's wall are now correctly displayed in the feed
- Like button has been moved to the bottom of the screen
- Improved performance for comments of posts
- Links posted on Facebook are now properly attached