Seesmic Web now eases the management of all your social feeds, by also adding Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, all in one browser tab!
We were keen on making Seesmic Web snappier to use! Getting our web application to run faster and be more lightweight is extremely important to us. We're hoping you'll be delighted by the performance boost in this new version of Seesmic Web!
This, along with other improvements, allows you to expand your online horizon with essential social networks such as: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Google Buzz and Ping.fm. Here are the updates available now in Seesmic Web:
- Facebook and LinkedIn account Integration
- Refreshed design and visual clues for important messages
- HTML5 Desktop Notification (Only on Chrome)
- More languages : Indonesian, Korean, Polish, Dutch
Facebook and LinkedIn Accounts
You asked for it! Now you can easily keep up to date your Facebook friends directly from Seesmic Web! Simply go to Settings, grant access to your Facebook account and your newsfeed timeline will be ready and easily accessible. What can you do from Seesmic Web? Well, just like on Facebook, you can add comments to status updates, Like posts, and even share Facebook posts from your e-mail address all from within Seesmic Web.
Whether you are job hunting, sprucing up your online resume, or just want to keep an eye out for new professional challenges, simply add your LinkedIn feed in Seesmic Web and you are good to go.Keep track of all your contact updates, know who is changing job, hiring and who's now available to hire!
Refreshed design and visual clues for important messages
Managing multiple social networks can be a complete struggle sometimes. We've made sure that this does not happen in Seesmic Web! Ease of navigation and an intuitive UI is important especially when you want to manage and update both social and professional networks simultaneously. Here are some improvements that will help make your Seesmic Web experience a little bit easier:
- New color coding of Direct Mention Tweets - notice the blue color on the left next to the tweet? This is to help distinguish this as a direct mention to you so this doesn't get lost among the endless amounts of other posts.
- New Reply Menu, with direct access to Retweet and Reply – When you hover over the lower right side of each tweet, you'll see a set of three buttons to choose from to easily reply directly to the tweet, Retweet this tweet, or click on the Options icon to view other actions available.
- Yfrog support – Want to vary your picture posting networks? You can select to post from Yfrog or Tweetphoto support.
- Survey - One of the first things you will probably notice is the pop up survey, please help us out as we continue to make improvements catered to your needs by letting us know how you use Seesmic Web!
Chrome HTML5 Desktop Notifications
Sound notifications not enough for you? Well if you are using Google Chrome you are in luck as you'll have the option to Enable Desktop Notifications. Click here and a notification popup will appear on your desktop screen every time you receive Mentions and Direct Messages. Now you'll never miss an important tweet in Seesmic Web!
More Languages: Indonesian, Korean, Polish and Dutch
But we could not do it without our great translator community! We'd like to thank all our users, especially @Manveru1986, @seanchoe, and @roti, for continuing to help us with translations so that Seesmic Web is accessible in much more languages. We do have a long way to go in order to cover absolutely everything, but please enjoy these newly added translations:
If you'd like to help us out with translations, we'd always appreciate the help and welcome you to connect with Alexandra on Teamseesmic:
And this is just the beginning of the updates to come. Stay tuned, as we're focusing on making Seesmic Web your essential online channel of communication. Keep your feedback coming!